New Ideas For Amazing roof installation in Bellmore Long Island NY
It always seems like a good idea to save money and complete your home renovation projects yourself, but for something as important as roofing installation, you need to be sure you have all the information you need to do the job right. Otherwise saving money now could mean spending more later in roofing repairs, so consider the options. If you want something elaborate or complicated like slate tiles or metal roofing, it would be best to spend the extra money to hire an expert, but for simpler options, with the right guidelines, you can save a lot in contractor’s fees. If you would like to learn more about this, please check out amazing roof installation in Bellmore Long Island NY.
This method is the cheapest but also easiest to install yourself, so if you’re only looking for an immediate option and are OK with having to replace it in about 8-10 years, this could be the best solution for the short term.
1. Buy your single ply roll roofing and cut panels to size, letting them lay out to flatten
2. Lay the first panel across the roof vertically, letting it fall over the edge by about 1/2″
3. Use roofing cement to glue down the pieces and then nail them down by using 2 nails for every 12 inches.
Rolled roofing though is not only a weak, but a fairly unattractive solution and mostly ideal for flat roofs where you won’t see much anyway. For something a little more stylish but also feasible as a do-it-yourself project, try shingles, tiles or shakes.
Cedar, Concrete, Clay or Asphalt
Asphalt shingles are another inexpensive solution that are quite easy to install yourself, but though you can choose them in different colors, they are simple and flat and not very appealing. Cedar shingles or shakes add more rustic appeal, and clay or concrete tiles give a much higher level of elegance and charm. All are fairly similar to install though, with slight variations but basic similarities.
How to Install
1. For concrete or clay, lay down a layer of plywood first to help support the extra weight.
2. Place down underlayment in the form of felt paper to absorb moisture.
3. You will need beams secured horizontally that your shingles or tiles will be attached to.
4. Start at the bottom left and move across a horizontal row, nailing in your shingle, shake or tile
5. With the layer above, nail in the row so that it overlaps the one below it, covering the board and the nails.
This installation will be much longer, but it is not very complicated work, and the time you spend will equal a lot of money saved on your roofing installation.